Monday, October 27, 2008

Transect Montage


My transectional cut was alongside the canal in the North Western part of the site. The first top image shows the area at an eye level view facing west. I noticed that on both sides the density of the Maleuluca was so high that you could only see a few feet in. Even though i could not physically get into the Maleuluca area, I could get a sense of what was going on. The elevation was somewhat higher and there was a dense pattern. The bottom montage focuses on a section of the top image and i began to analyze now in a ground level. Maleuluca has a very complex and dense root system, which was visible from a few feet away. It then merges into the swamp area where I now felt like I knew what was going on from a top, but it felt very ambiguos when i walked through it; not knowing the elevation under me. I felt unsecure with every step.

No comments: